What’s happening in the Boat Shop?
- The second of three sets of planks are on the new 33’ expedition boat – Epic.
- The Monomoy lifeboat has a new hatch, hatch boards, skylight, and rails.
- Onward (YES #2) is in for winter refit.
- The 22’ Mondo kayak is almost ready for its sliding seats.
- The artists have completed a new sign for “Toad Hall”.
- We are lofting a Baby Boat to cradle for Captain Matt Orr, hint.
The winter weather has limited days on the water for the Sailor Scientist and Voyagers, but whenever there is a dry days they are out. Otherwise, they have plenty of projects and classes indoors. Voyagers completed 80 canvas bags from recycled sails to sell to help fund a spring journey. Yes, order one from us only $15.00. Sailor Scientists have been working with NOSC (North Olympic Salmon Coalition) doing salmon surveys and more.
The newest class, Felicity Ann Girls, developed by Kelly Watson are doing amazing following a tight woodworking curriculum to learn the use of hand tools.